ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT FOR ADULTS IN ORANGE COUNTY, CA
It’s not hard to figure out why more and more adults today are seeking orthodontic treatment to achieve a happy healthy smile. Many patients recognize the importance of tooth and gum health and are ready to feel good about their smiles. In fact, almost 20 percent of all orthodontic patients are over the age of 21. At Laguna Niguel Orthodontics, we offer a wide selection of appliances and treatments so you’re sure to find something that fits your individual needs.
COMMON REASONS WHY ADULTS CONSIDER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT:
- Pain or pressure in the mouth and jaw caused by crooked teeth
- Teeth are crowded or have gaps
- Overbite or underbite causing teeth to fit together poorly
- Desire for healthy teeth and a happy smile
BRACES FOR ADULTS
Even though there’s no such thing as being “too old” for braces, adults may shy away from orthodontic treatment just at the thought of wearing metal braces. However, today there is a wide range of discreet, comfortable, and customizable appliances that can be used for your treatment, including:
- Ceramic braces
- Clear braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual braces
- Invisible braces
- Traditional metal braces
ADULTS ORTHODONTICS VS. ORTHODONTICS FOR KIDS & TEENS
The primary difference between treating adults and younger patients is that the jawbones of adults are fully developed and therefore cannot be changed structurally with orthodontic appliances like a child’s growing jawbones can. Other differences in the treatment of adults include:
- Improper childhood orthodontic treatment – Some patients received orthodontic treatment in their youth but never completed the regimen or maintained their results. As an adult, they understand the value of good oral care and healthy smile and choose to pursue treatment once again.
- Missing, worn, or loose teeth – Over time, teeth can become worn, loose, or shift into incorrect positions over time. Missing teeth can impact the positions of the surrounding teeth and cause them to shift into the gap. These issues can only be solved with orthodontic care.
- Gum (periodontal) or bone disease – Gum recession, advanced periodontal disease, and bone loss due to gingivitis are more prevalent in adults than children. To maintain good periodontal health, patients need to have regular checkups and practice good oral hygiene at home.
AN ORTHODONTIST FOR ADULTS IN LAGUNA NIGUEL
Why visit an adult orthodontist office? At Laguna Niguel Orthodontics we are strong believers of the benefits of adult orthodontic treatment:
- It will give you a second chance: Even if you didn’t get braces as a kid or only require orthodontics now that it's later in life, it’s not too late. Adult options will allow you to enjoy the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.
- You may have shorter treatment time: Depending on your case and treatment goals, adult orthodontics treatment time could be shorter.
- You’re ready to care for yourself: As an adult, you have the emotional maturity to follow the orthodontist’s recommendations and invest in your oral health. Your outcomes can actually be excellent because you’re ready to get serious about your smile, and you’re doing this for you.
- You get more real-life advantages: Having orthodontic treatment can help you look and feel your best. Making your teeth look their best can give you a boost of confidence and even help you in your career.
- You can manage the resources to take care of your smile: As an adult, you choose to invest in your smile and appearance. You also get to choose the orthodontist office and treatments that are right for you.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR PATIENTS SEEKING ADULT ORTHODONTICS IN LAGUNA NIGUEL AREA
If you are an adult and looking for an orthodontist in the area of Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo and Dana Point, keep in mind that seeking braces as an adult is not the same as getting orthodontic treatment as a child. When you're looking for help with adult orthodontics, you need to:
- Find an orthodontist who works with adult patients: Many orthodontic offices treat mostly children, but you’ll want to find an orthodontist that works with adult patients too. Doing so will make you feel more comfortable and ensure that you're working with professionals who understand the unique needs of adult orthodontic patients.
- Choose the office offering multiple options: At Laguna Niguel orthodontics we offer conventional metal braces, clear brackets, lingual braces and Invisalign. We utilize the most advanced techniques such as temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs), orthodontic surgery and customized orthodontic solutions that facilitate the process for adult orthodontics. We can customize your treatment to fit your exact needs and goals.
- Consider your lifestyle needs: If appearance is important for you, Invisalign or Lingual braces may work better but not for fast results, you may need a specific solution and our orthodontist, Dr. Majd will work with you to find the best solutions that fit your case.
- Seek solutions to fit your schedule: Look for practices near you with flexible appointment times, the ability to see you in an emergency and a system that will allow you to make appointments by phone or online. Laguna Niguel orthodontics, for example, makes it easy to book online, via email or by phone, letting you fit the right care into your busy schedule.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER ADULT ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT?
- Improved appearance – The most visible benefit of orthodontic treatment is the increased appearance and self-esteem that accompany your new smile
- Better oral health – Not only are straight teeth more attractive, they are also easier to clean and may help prevent other health problems
- Upgraded oral function – Receiving orthodontic treatment can help prevent long-term health issues from arising and maximize jaw and tooth function.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics and how we can help you achieve your dream smile, please contact our practice to schedule an appointment.