Notice to Our Dear Patients and Families:
We are happy to announce that we are going to resume our regular and routine appointments in the office with safety measures and protocols in place. In order to make sure we are able to attend to all our patients in a timely manner, we will have to begin with patients who had an appointment on March 16th and work our way forward. There will be some delay in the regular interval of appointments affecting all our patients equally.
We will do our best to do all the work necessary at each appointment to make up for this delay and make sure this time gap does not lead to extended treatment time for our patients.
Please be patient as we are doing our best to accommodate everyone while observing safety precautions.
We want to share some information regarding the safety precautions and measures that we are taking to ensure the highest level of safety for our patients, our team and the community.
Safety and Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We follow the infection control guidelines issued by the CDC and American Dental Association (ADA) and have made the following changes in our daily processes to help protect our patients and staff:
- Our entire team has been educated and trained on the new protocols for safety and infection control and proper use of PPE (personal protection equipment). We will be screening our team members as well as patients and asking some screening questions prior to the appointment. (Please advise our office to reschedule your appointment if you or someone in your family has fever or cough, has been diagnosed with a contagious respiratory disease or condition).
- To maintain safe distancing we will be reducing the number of patients scheduled for each hour by more than 50 percent and by limiting the number of people accompanying each patient. We ask that family members and siblings wait outside while the patient is in our office. They can wait outside the building (away from entrance) or in the car.
- Patients under the age of 18 and special needs individuals may be accompanied by one parent or guardian. We ask that all individuals, patients and parents wear a facemask before entering and throughout their time in our office.
- We request that patients brush their teeth at home and before their appointment, our toothbrushing station will be closed as a safety measure til further notice.
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering our office and use a facemask to cover their nose and mouth except while having their teeth checked.
- We will be utilizing half of our regular treatment chairs for social distancing and will be using specific infection control protocols in accordance with the current requirements.
- Our clinical team will be using the updated personal protection gear including N95 and KN95 respirator masks, face shields and disposable gowns in addition to the standard gear we have been using before. This is to protect our patients and team members both.
- We have installed physical barriers to limit the spread of airborne pathogens and have a system in place for disinfecting all the surfaces regularly before and after each patient.
- Our air conditioning unit is updated to maintain clean air circulation and eliminate any pathogens in the office air as much as possible.
- Our goal is to limit the number of people in our office at any given time, minimize each individual’s time in the office and contact with other people and maintain safe physical distance between people at all times.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we incorporate these changes and while doing our best to keep everyone safe and maintain steady progress in the course of orthodontic treatment for our patients.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AND WE WILL WIN THIS TOGETHER!